Google

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Spring World Restaurant

This restaurant serves Szechuan and Yunnan cuisine. I frequent this place with J or my family. In fact, this is the only restaurant in Chinatown that my youngest brother willingly eats at. However, if you cannot stand spicy or greasy food, I would suggest you to stay away.

2109 S China Pl
Chicago 60616
(312)326-9966
Information from Centerstage

Monday to Thursdays 11AM - 10PM
Saturday and Sunday 10AM - 10PM

My family mostly orders from the dinner menu. You should be aware that this restaurant does have a lunch menu on weekdays that is more affordable (ranges from $3 to $5 per set meals).

This is what I order when I'm with J:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Beef Fried Rice $5.95 - I usually tend to stay away from fried rice, but this isn't bad and J NEEDS this

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Scallion Cake $3.95 - I usually stays away from this too, but J NEEDS this as well

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Spicy Preserved Pork $8.95 - this place makes its own preserved pork and it's some pretty good stuff

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Boiled Beef in Spicy Szechuan Sauce $8.95

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Pork with Garlic Sauce and Napa with Dried Shrimp - this is a lunch set (our rice and soup came separately)

Other memorable items:

Across the Bridge Rice Noodles $ 6.95
Sea Bass Steak $14.95
Preserved Pepper Style Fish $12.95
Lam Stew & Fish w/ Sour Pickle Casserole $11.95
Chicken w/ Hot Pepper $ 8.95
Szechuan String Bean $ 6.95

There is plenty of other dishes that we haven't tried. In my opinion, this is one of the best authentic Chinese restaurants in Chicago.

No comments: