Google

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares

I have to admit to my obsession of Food Network during my college years. O the glory days of Iron Chef (the original Japanese version) and Mario Batali, how I miss you so. However, lately I find myself changing the channel because of shows like the semi-homemade hilarity. That aside, here is something (brought up by my brother and he has a good point) that always bothered me about Food Network:

On the food tourism shows like "$40 a Day", there is absolutely no food criticism.

Sure, I am open to the possibility that maybe Rachel Ray or her staff are just that good at finding hot spots... but what are the chances that they are always right? And, we never really get to see her finishing a meal after taking a few bits.

My beef with this is probably why I enjoy this new series...

From Wikipedia,
"Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares is a Channel 4 television program hosted by British celebrity chef, Gordon Ramsay. In each episode, Ramsay visits a failing restaurant and acts as a troubleshooter to help improve the establishment in just one week. Ramsay revisits the restaurant a few months later to see how business has fared in his absence."

The guy curses all over the place and is really fun to watch. Apparently, there will be an American version of the show called "Kitchen Nightmare" starting this year.

Click here for Gordon Ramsay's homepage.

Lastly, Ramsay also hosts Hell's Kitchen, which I have not seen yet. I am planning to start after I catch up on this series...

No comments: