Google

Friday, March 30, 2007

India House

1473 W Schaumburg Rd # 1521 (Cross Street: Ellington Drive)
Schaumburg, IL 60194
(847)895-5501

* Mon-Thu 11:30am-2:30pm, 5pm-10pm
* Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, 5pm-11pm
* Sat 12pm-3pm, 5pm-11pm
* Sun 12pm-3pm, 5pm-10pm

The buffets are available Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

India House was strongly recommended by my brother. The buffet is affordable and a great way to try various India dishes. Seating was prompt and the service was ok. The waitresses were nice, but seemed overwhelmed with clearing tables (which they did very efficiently). For more reviews, click here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The meat was tender and flavorful.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Indian bread! We have such a thing for Indian bread.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Not knowing what most of the stuff was, I just grabbed random dishes. My favorite was the tandoori chicken which is laying on the rice.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
J's plate.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was the moment of the night. This restaurant has this table set up at the back end of the room. Seeing the little puff balls there, I got curious and inquired the waitress about them. She replied, "oh these? You just fill it with this sauce here and pop it into your mouth." To which I replied, "cool, let's try some." So I went back to the table and shared my findings with my brothers and J. Somehow, the guys thought I said that these puff balls were deserts so they got rather enthusiastic. We thought it would be cool to pop them into our mouths at the same time, kinda like downing shots. 1, 2, 3 and the looks on our faces were indescribable. I'm not going to say anything more about them here except that everyone should try it "FILL WITH SAUCE AND POP INTO MOUTH" as an initiation rite for this restaurant.

This place was fun. I think we will definitely be back.

No comments: