Google

Friday, March 30, 2007

Couscous

1445 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL
(312) 226-2408
website
reviews

Monday to Sunday 11:30am - 9:30pm

The reviews on Centerstage were all positive and we were feeling adventurous this day. And, I forgot to bring the camera because I was starving and my brain ceases to function when I'm hungry.

When we first walked in, the waitress (the only one around) shot us the dirtiest look. There was only two other couples in the restaurant. A little unnerved, we sat down by the window and proceeded to order. First of all, the review said none of the entrees exceeded $10 which was absolutely wrong, because the special of the day was tender lamb shanks and costs close to $20. This was the first time I've been to a Middle Eastern styled restaurant so I was a bit overwhelmed and asked the waitress for advice. Other than the lamb shanks, she had no other suggestions and I was not in the mood for lamb. We ordered two appetizers in addition to our entrees. I can't remember what we ordered specifically because everything was bland. Even our hunger can't make the food taste good.

Was it because it was the restaurant's downtime (Saturday night around 6)? Did we order the wrong things (falafel and breek with beef)? Was it us? I have no idea, but it will be a while before I trust Centerstage for eatery advice again.

Lastly, the glimpse of the kitchen we caught from the cashier's desk looked like sanitation might be an issue.

UNSAVORY EXPERIENCE! Not coming back, ever.

No comments: